Coat and Blanket Drive: Boys and Girls Club of Hawthorne

Mia Lewis, Staff Writer

Do you ever wake up in the morning with a bitter chill running down your spine? Or realize you need a jacket when you first step foot outside on a cold morning? If you said yes to any of these questions, then that means the month of November is finally here. In the month of November, that means it is time to start pulling out your bulky winter jackets and blankets from home in order to avoid that unpleasant cold. Besides the cold, November is also the season of giving back and taking a moment to consider all the things that you are grateful for.

This fall the Boys & Girls Club of Hawthorne are trying to gather new and lightly used coats and blankets to be given to a local shelter nearby. The goal is to help those in need to stay warm this upcoming harsh winter. By getting as many donations as possible, it will surely make a positive impact on many including adults and children.

The Coat and Blanket Drive is running from now to November 23, 2016. Any donations can be dropped off at the Boys & Girls Club of Hawthorne on Thursday Nights between 6pm-9pm at the Teen Center Entrance. If this does not work, you can also stop by from 10am-6pm from Monday-Friday and the box of items must be left at the main entrance of the Teen Center. For further information you can talk to any keystone member that can be found in Hawthorne High School or you can reach to Miss. Maggie at her phone number 973-427-7777 or email [email protected] .

Spread the word and help your community stay warm this winter. Every little donation counts, so do not hesitate. By getting everyone to lend a helping hand, it will benefit many individuals and families. So be the change that many need by simply making a small contribution and getting the word towards others.