Stressed Out Seniors

Melissa Bilbao, Staff Writer

The beginning of the year for seniors is always very stressful.

Many of them are preparing  themselves for college while still trying to manage all of their activities and academics in high school. The application process that many seniors are going through right now is definitely stressful at times. Whether its sending SAT/ACT scores, filling out the FASFA, or completing applications through the Common App, they are all stressful and require a decent amount of time and patience.

To be less stressed during college application season, there are various steps you can take.

The first and probably one of the hardest steps to take is to not procrastinate. Getting your applications in as soon as possible is the way to go. The faster you hear back from the colleges you have applied to, the less stressed you will be,  knowing where you have been accepted. The next step you can take is to fill out any financial aid applications. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the main source of financial aid that students use during the college application process. Applying early means more opportunities for financial aid and merit scholarships.

One last tip is to relax.  Senior Meagan Scherer said that she has been managing her stress during the college application season by “being productive while still taking the time to relax.” Once all of your applications are sent, taking the time to just relax and wait for the results is all you can do.

Good luck to all of the Hawthorne High School Seniors in their future endeavors!