Harvey’s Hero

Jen+Stanzack%0A

Jen Stanzack

Julia Aguero, Staff Writer

Between August 25 and September 2 Hurricane Harvey hit southeast Texas as a category four storm.

During this catastrophe an untold number of pet dogs were left abandoned while the owners evacuated to safer grounds. While some dogs unfortunately couldn’t hold out in the storm, most were found and rescued. The rescued dogs are now  up for adoption to dog lovers around the country.

One of those dog lovers is Hawthorne High School student, Jennifer Stanzack. This past Sunday Jennifer went to a dog shelter with a family friend in hopes that her friend would find a puppy to adopt. Little did Jennifer know she’d fall in love with her very own 9 month old puppy.

Her new puppy is named Lydia and survived Hurricane Harvey after abandonment. Stanzack had a lot to say about her new family member after The Clarion caught up with her.

“When I first met Lydia,” stated Stanzack, “she was so excited….she was like a bundle of joy. Lydia’s first reaction was jumping with excitement and giving me puppy kisses.”

She believes that having Lydia will be good for her and her family because she is another part of the family along with her other dog. Jennifer feels the best part about the adoption is that she is giving Lydia another chance at a good life.