Hawthorne High School Cheerleaders Take Home the Gold!

Aly Christie, Staff Writer

The Hawthorne High School cheerleaders have been working hard throughout the fall and winter seasons to improve their skills to show their talents when attending competitions at the end of their winter season. This year the HHS cheerleaders participated in two competitions and represented our school by themselves, rather than by cheering for the football and basketball teams.

The first competition was Ramapo High School’s Have-a-Heart cheer competition which they attended on February 10. They participated in the Cheer-Dance Category and came in 3rd place. There was a whole section of Hawthorne families and students supporting them throughout their performance. This fan section had many signs, whistles, hand clappers and more fun exciting things to show pride for our cheer-leading team. The girls and Rocco had an amazing performance at this competition.

The second competition was the 7th Annual Welcome to the Jungle Cheer Challenge at Becton Regional High School in East Rutherford. They participated in the Cheer-Dance Category and received a trophy for first place. They were also announced as Grand Champs of the High School Division and took home a trophy and t-shirts. The girls and Rocco did an outstanding job at this competition and made Hawthorne very proud. This was an amazing way to end the season for the team!