• New York college student dies after falling from clock tower weeks before graduating.

• Strong storms, including at least one tornado, have swept through parts of the Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic region.

• Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam.

HHS Softball Preview

Kieran McAllister, Editor

A new season for the Hawthorne High School Girls’ Softball Team has just begun and this year they have many new aspects being brought to the team. This year the girls have a few new faces being introduced to the team. Due to Coach Jacqueline Forte’s leave, Coach Joseph Oliva, who was the Freshman Softball Coach for years, is now the Head Varsity Coach. The Junior Varsity Coach is Hawthorne High School alumnus and teacher, Jaclyn Peene. The Freshman Coach is Caitlyn Deane who played competitive softball at William Paterson and Centenary University.

The team lost seven seniors from last year, but this year leading the team are Seniors Jordan Scrivens and Brittney Foley. With the season right around the corner, the nerves are starting to kick in for the upcoming scrimmages and games. The team has talented players from all grades. Junior Jillian Padovani commented on the upcoming season saying, “I’m excited to see what the new coaches will teach us for the upcoming scrimmages and the season. We have great leadership and we are hopeful for a successful season.” The team’s first official game is April 4 at Rutherford Memorial High School.

With all the new aspects being brought to the team, the girls hope for another successful season of Bears Softball.

Kieran McAllister, Staff Writer

Kieran McAllister is  currently a junior at Hawthorne High School. This is her second year writing for The Clarion. Whether it's spending time with her...

• HHS Softball Preview

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

• HHS Softball Preview

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

• HHS Softball Preview

Shark Tank 2019

• HHS Softball Preview

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

• HHS Softball Preview

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

• HHS Softball Preview

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

• HHS Softball Preview

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

• HHS Softball Preview

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

• HHS Softball Preview

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

• HHS Softball Preview

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

HHS Softball Preview