• Russian Aeroflot flight diverted after suspected hijacking, demand for flight be diverted to Afghanistan.

• CBS rejects Super Bowl ad on benefits of medical marijuana.

• Los Angeles teachers strike to go into second week even if agreement reached, union says.

Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Logan Rivera and Michael Galland

The Hawthorne Bears Football team started off the 2017-2018 season with a tough loss to Lyndhurst, in a nail biting game losing by a score of 35-32.

The offense was lead by TJ Palmer who had one rushing touchdown and two throwing touchdowns. Nik Schenk and Kris Nelson caught the touchdowns thrown by TJ in the game.Adam Deitrich helped the defense by intercepting a pass and taking it back for six.

In the teams next game (and first home game of the season against Elmwood Park) the Bears won by a blowout of 48-0. Jalen Palmer started off the scoring with a rushing touchdown. He added to his night by scoring another rushing touchdown. TJ Palmer also contributed with two rushing touchdowns of his own. Shane Rooney helped continue the blowout by catching a pass thrown by TJ Palmer for a touchdown. Anthony Montone, a sophomore, got his first and second  varsity rushing touchdowns.

The next game the Bears played Harrison and won with a score of 33-8. Jalen Palmer lead off the game with a rushing touchdown. The next scoring drive came when Michael Renzo rushed 15 yards for a touchdown. Renzo also had a catching touchdown thrown by TJ Palmer. TJ Palmer had another passing touchdown connecting with Kris Nelson for a 65 yard bomb. For the final scoring drive TJ Palmer threw to his brother Jalen Palmer for the touchdown.

In the latest game Hawthorne lost a tough one to New Milford 35-21. TJ Palmer started off the scoring for Hawthorne by connecting with Joe Aliano for a passing touchdown. TJ got Hawthorne’s next points by passing to Jalen Palmer for the touchdown. For Hawthorne’s final scoring drive TJ Palmer passed to Shane Rooney for the 26 yard touchdown pass.

Now entering the fifth week the Bears look to go 3-2 against our rival the Pompton Lakes Cardinals.

Logan Rivera, Staff Writer

Hi I'm Logan Rivera, a junior at Hawthorne High School. This will be my first year writing for The Clarion and I am very excited. I play baseball for the...

Michael Galland, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Michael Galland and I am a junior at Hawthorne High School. This is my second year writing for The Clarion newspaper, and I am very excited....

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Mr. Hawthorne 2019

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

And the Spring Musical Is….

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Holiday Spirit Week: Door Decorations

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

What Do the Clarion Writers of Period 6 Do During the Holidays?

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Timothy Palmer

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Emma Mathews

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Sports

Girl’s Soccer State Tournament

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Justice For Jones: Why #BlackLivesMatter

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Three Must Have Recipes for Thanksgiving

• Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football

Wall of Respect

Hawthorne Bears Varsity Football