• Russian Aeroflot flight diverted after suspected hijacking, demand for flight be diverted to Afghanistan.

• CBS rejects Super Bowl ad on benefits of medical marijuana.

• Los Angeles teachers strike to go into second week even if agreement reached, union says.

Couples Season!

Couples Season!

Bryanna Barreto and Sierra Van Houten

Yes folks! It is now that time of year! Hawthorne High School’s senior Health classes have begun and we all know what that means. Wedding and baby projects!

Every year the senior class is obligated to partner up and get married. To announce a wedding, seniors have to create invitations. The fun part of participating in this project as a whole is that the faculty here at HHS gets to vote on which invitations they think are the most outstanding. The winners were Andre Costa and Roulana Jawish. Winning top place in the wedding invitations granted them the privilege to receive 10 points towards anything Health class related.

Creating invitations can represent your creativeness, so HHS seniors are encouraged to go all out! The invitations vary in color, size, fabrics, and some are even three dimensional. To locate where these wonderfully creative invitations are being displayed, stop by the senior hallway right outside Mr. Shell’s room! Seniors are also obligated to plan a budget for the first year of marriage and then after comes the baby project!

This senior class of 2019 gets to carry around a baby doll with a 5 pound sack of flour attached to it. Picking the gender of the baby is up to the boys so Mrs. Gerdes gives two cards, each written boy and girl for them to choose from. So, if you pick the card that says boy, you and your significant other is having a boy!

Before starting, seniors will make announcements for the baby which will be posted where the wedding invitations are currently. This project is designed to show seniors the responsibility that comes along with having a child. Good luck to all of the seniors!

Sierra Van Houten, Editor

Hi, my name is Sierra. I am currently a senior here at Hawthorne High School. This is my third year writing for The Clarion and my position here is an...

• Couples Season!

Mr. Hawthorne 2019

• Couples Season!

And the Spring Musical Is….

• Couples Season!

Holiday Spirit Week: Door Decorations

• Couples Season!

What Do the Clarion Writers of Period 6 Do During the Holidays?

• Couples Season!

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Timothy Palmer

• Couples Season!

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Emma Mathews

• Couples Season!

Sports

Girl’s Soccer State Tournament

• Couples Season!

Justice For Jones: Why #BlackLivesMatter

• Couples Season!

Three Must Have Recipes for Thanksgiving

• Couples Season!

Wall of Respect

Couples Season!