HHS Presents Clue on Stage – Coming Soon!

Anthony Bertollo, Staff Writer

Attention all students and staff, it’s that time of year again. The Hawthorne High School Fall production is just around the corner! 

This year’s fall play is Clue, which is based on the 1985 ensemble black comedy mystery film Clue, which is based off of the famous Hasbro board game of the same name.

The story follows six strangers (all based off of their movie/board game counterparts) who are invited to the mysterious Boddy manor by the owner’s butler Wadsworth, who is accompanied by the mannor’s maid, Yvette, and the Cook. All of the character’s have a previous history with at least one other person within the mansion.

When the owner of the mansion himself, Mr. Boddy, arrives, he intends on blackmailing the unsuspecting guests including Wadsworth. He gives each guest a weapon (akin to the ones used in the board game) and demands one of them kill Wadsworth as he turns off the lights. The entire mansion is sent into a frenzy trying to identify the murderer while trying not to be killed themselves!

The show features an energetic cast that truly brings each character to life in their own unique way and a hard working crew that works behind the scenes. The production itself is fun for the whole family, complete with hilarious jokes that will have you laughing your head off and suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. 

There are 5 shows you can attend and the dates are as follows: Thursday, December 5 at 7:30pm, Friday, December 6 at 7:30pm, Saturday, December 7 at 2:00pm & 7:30pm, and Sunday, December 8 at 2:00pm. Student and senior citizen tickets are $10 and adult tickets are $12.

Pop out to support all of the students involved in Hawthorne High School’s fall production of Clue on stage!