The HHS Bears Bonfire

Cadence O, Staff Writer

This Wednesday, our school hosted a spectacular bonfire. This event ran from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm. It was filled with food trucks and a variety of outdoor activities. 

When you walked down from the athletic ramp, you were greeted with a few student council members. There was a festive stand and each person entering had to pay $5. After paying, the first activity available was the food trucks. At one truck you had the option to get fried oreos, zeppolis, and other fun deserts.

I mean, who wouldn’t want to start their evening off with warm filling foods? Walking a bit further down, there was a pizza truck, where the pizza was made right in front of you in a brick oven! I saw a handful of people walking with their own personal pies. Lastly, there was a small truck where the chicken and waffles were! The line ran all the way down the pavement, it was sure a hit. 

After experiencing the food trucks, you would take a right turn into the baseball outfield. Tons of tables were set out decorated with so many Fall things. There was also a hot chocolate stand with some of the best hot chocolate I have ever had, I had to grab seconds. A DJ was set up playing some classic throwbacks that brought all of the students together. A bunch of games were set up on the field, such as cornhole, a massive connect four, and tether ball.

I had such a great time at this Bonfire and I’m looking forward to the next one! Thank you to Mrs.Russo and the Student Council for setting up this fantastic event.

Go Bears!