Hawthorne High School Sports Awards

Getty Images/iStockphoto

A variety of sports balls including a football, basketball, baseball and a soccer or European football

Cadence O, Staff Writer

After not being able to experience our sports awards in person last year, our fall athletes finally came together on November 22nd to host our annual sports awards ceremony for the year of 2021. The sports from our fall season were tennis, cheer, soccer, and football.

After a full day of school, fall athletes were told to come back at 6:30 pm for the ceremony. Students were told to dress formal.They would meet in the cafe where they would wait patiently for the ceremony to begin at 7:00 pm. 

When 7:00 pm came around, students walked into the auditorium where they  sat in the front as teams. On their way in, parents and students could take a complementary pamphlet that would help construct the evening. The pamphlet included each team and every single athlete. It also included the awards that the athletes were given. 

Mr. Mazzacca started our evening off with a wonderful speech that basically summed up each team and how their season went. While Mr.Mazzacca had everyone’s attention, a slide show was  played for everyone to see. The slide show included a variety of pictures and it was so great to see our athletes working hard. 

Since I am a sophomore and I did not get to experience the sports awards in person last year, it was great to get the full experience. I’m excited to see what the winter and spring sports awards have to offer this year.