We’re Almost There Seniors!

Daniel Tran, Editor

Seniors! We’re almost halfway through the year. We’re at the part of our lives where change is approaching and we are about to enter the next stage in our lives.

As we search through various colleges as well as take a self-assessment of where we see ourselves in the future, can’t you help but wonder how you got to this point in your life?

The Clarion interviewed some seniors here at Hawthorne High School:

Gianna Morel:I want to be a high school art teacher…Ever since I was little, I’ve loved art and drawing. Most of my family are artists, so I’ve always been surrounded by art. I realized I wanted to be a teacher around my junior year when I had Ms. Russo. Seeing the connections she made with all of the kids, including myself, and how involved she was with her students and what she was teaching inspired me to become a teacher.

Ally Perini:I want to be a speech language pathologist…Up until last year I was very unsure about what I wanted to do post high school in terms of a future career. For a while I thought I would do nursing because I love the aspect of patient care and being able to tangibly help others. However, my strengths pertain more to humanities and communication. I started looking for similar careers and I stumbled upon speech pathology which seemed to be the perfect fit. With this career choice I can combine my strength in communication with my passion for taking care of others.

Gianna Convertino:I think I want to become a lawyer…I want to be a lawyer because I like to argue/debate with people. My older peers said that I would be a great fit for that profession. I mean I think the reason I want to do that is because of politics. I was really interested throughout middle school and I would get into debates with an individual from my middle school. I would win most of these pointless debates because I knew what I was talking about and had the facts to back up my arguments. I want to help the less fortunate in cases where they’ve been wrongly accused. The systematic oppression and racism still in this world is disgusting and I hope once I have grasped a better understanding of this unjust justice system, I can make the minorities’ lives better and make a difference on my part.

T

Throughout elementary, middle, and high school, we were all set on the same path but now as graduating seniors, it is now our responsibility to pave our own paths and find our place in society. Good luck with the rest of the year!