Class of 2022 Salutatorian Interview

Maria Nunez, Editor

As for many of us HHS underclassmen, the school year is almost nearing its end…but we will return in the fall. But for our fellow HHS senior class, the end of their high school years here are nigh.

The Clarion was lucky enough to speak to one of these seniors, our salutatorian, Tina Barsby. 

The Clarion: How does it feel to be the Salutatorian of this graduating class?

Barsby: Of course, it makes me feel proud to be chosen as the Salutatorian.  I was really happy to have my hard work recognized. 

The Clarion: What do you plan on doing after you graduate?

Barsby: My goal is to become a medical doctor, but I want to keep my options open.  I love the medical field because of all the exciting branches that it offers.

The Clarion: What college are you planning on going to?

Barsby: To be honest, I still haven’t chosen one yet.  I’ve been accepted to several colleges with full scholarship offers, so there are many possibilities to choose from. I will make my decision very soon.

The Clarion: What is your favorite part of this school year?

Barsby: My favorite part of the school year is that everyone is back from remote learning!  Even though it was easier to attend online classes, it’s not the same as learning in person. I really enjoy being around my classmates, friends, and favorite teachers.

The Clarion: What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

Barsby: Of course, one of my biggest accomplishments is becoming the Salutatorian. Additionally, I was presented with the opportunity to work in the STEM Capstone program, where we are working on developing a new product. Lastly, I really enjoyed working in the Lakota Project.  I hope that we can pave the path to help the Lakota Tribe.  

The Clarion: Anything else that you would like to add?

Barsby: I want to congratulate TJ Marks for being named the Valedictorian of the class of 2022!  I also want to congratulate the other seniors in my class for a job well done.  I’m amazed that I’m working among so many talented students.  We have athletes, artists, musicians, singers, and more. 

It’s amazing to see how every one of us is excelling in our own way.  I would especially like to thank the teachers who have helped me along the way.  Mrs. Phibbs, Mrs. Zaranski, Mr. Di Lonardo, Ms. Clifford, Mr. McMann, Mr. Codomo, and Mrs. Di Geronimo are among the many faculty members that have helped me to become the person that I am today.  In the blink of an eye the school year will be over, but the wonderful memories will last forever!

And that concludes the interview for our Class of 2022 Salutatorian!