HHS E-Sports Club

E Sports
E Sports

At Hawthorne High School there are a variety of clubs to pick from.

In the E-Sports club, they play video games and compete in tournaments. The advisors for this club are Mr. Darin Miller and Mr. Colin Harty.

Some games that the E-Sport club play are Valorant, Apex Legends, and other first-person shooter games. They have multiple consoles to choose from including Xbox and Playstation, and multiple computers to play at.

The tournaments they play in are against other schools with E-Sport clubs like ours. They compete for prizes like new controllers, new keyboards, mice, gift cards, etc. The E-Sports club is a fairly new club here at Hawthorne High School.

Clubs like this give kids the opportunity to have fun and express themselves in other ways than just school: they play video games with their friends and participate in events which they can win prizes.

They can find new opportunities within these clubs, finding out about things they didn’t know they liked to do, and maybe meet people they didn’t think they would ever talk to. The E-Sports club was a very good addition to the school, because it give kids positive things to do in their spare time. It can also give kids the chance to play video games if they do not have the consoles at home.

Bringing different types of clubs into the school can keep students actively participating in school activities. The different clubs bring many people together as they share a common interest. This makes kids enjoy their time in school and for them to have something to look forward to.

Gakiel Beard, Staff Writer
My name is Gakiel and  I am a junior here at Hawthorne High School. I am taking journalism this year and it is also my first time writing for the Clarion. I like listening to music and playing basketball , I am interested in writing about all kinds of different topics this year and I am excited to learn more and increase my writing skills.