A Quick Thought: Things To Do During Thanksgiving

Give+Thanks
Flying Pig Party
Give Thanks

Yes, ladies and gentlemen…it’s that time of year again. The summer, yes, is truly gone: bathing suits have been packed away, pools have been covered.

The Fall, well, it continues onward…the cooler weather, the fallen leaves…it truly is a beautiful time of year.

And yes, this means that the holidays are just around the corner. In fact, Thanksgiving is already next week. It’s time to get ourselves prepared.

I am of course talking about Thanksgiving break. Starting on the Wednesday, the half-day, right through until Monday morning when we come back to school.

The first thing you can do is help your family cook. That’s right, your family probably needs some help preparing all of the wonderful food that will be consumed on Thanksgiving Day, so lend a hand. Prep that turkey, stuff that stuffing…just help out.

Imagine how great it will be, helping the family prepare those delicious Thanksgiving Day desserts…it’s ok, sneak a taste!

While you are doing this, catch up with family…ones you haven’t seen in a while and even those you see each and every day.

Maybe you might want to take advantage of those wonderful Black Friday deals and make your way to the malls and outlets. Good luck…it might be crazy out there!

Whatever you choose to do, have fun. That is most important. Rest, enjoy being home and off from school, and spending time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving.

About the Contributor
Diana Bonilla, Staff Writer
Hello! My name is Diana Bonilla and I am a junior at Hawthorne High School. This is my first year writing for the Clarion. I am super excited and really looking forward to it. I really enjoy writing ever since I was little and never seem to get bored of it, and now I will be writing and also informing people about what is going on in school and outside of school. I love reading as well, especially on a nice and calming afternoon. I like spending my free time with my friends and going out and watching Disney movies as well. My dream career would be in the medical field as a neurologist since I really do think that this is the right path for me and I am really interested in it. I hope you enjoy the articles I will writing for the school newspaper!