Personal Insight: Hawthorne High School Marching Band

M. Costello

The Marching Band

Mackenzie Costello, Staff Writer

On October 25, the Hawthorne High School Marching Band had its last competition for the season. Overall, the band did very well with its performance. It was an amazing and eventful day, but it was also an emotional day for the seniors on the squad. That was their very last competition together.

There are a few football games left so there weren’t as many tears quite yet, but the memories in band are priceless. It is truly an honor to be a part of this program and how far the band has come. The band has all worked so hard throughout this entire season. They aren’t just some kids that play on a field; they are a family that performs together with passion and heart.

Whenever someone gets upset or hurt, someone is always there to pick them up when they fall down. The band has to be one of the places that I love going to. When at band, kids automatically forget all their problems and stress and they just worry about being a better performer. They put their hearts and souls into the squad, as they set foot on that football field. I am so glad to perform around such a wonderful group of people.

As for us seniors, it’s been a great season; I’m glad I got to march with you all. Being in band is such an amazing experience. If you love music I recommend doing band. The band is a big family that supports each other. Rehearsals may get hard, but sticking through it is totally worth it in the end.

The feeling you get marching off the the field while people are clapping for you after you have given your best, is one of the greatest experiences you could ever be a part of.