Class Rings

Class Rings

Kaitlyn Melendez, Staff Writer

What does a class ring mean to you? Well, the answer is: anything you want. With today’s technology and advances, you can customize and design your class rings however you want. With Josten’s, the students here at Hawthorne High School have the privilege of personalizing the class rings that they will look back on for the rest of their lives. The Clarion asked some students about their class rings and what meaning they put behind theirs.

Sophomore, Matt Brown, told The Clarion about his ring design. “For my class ring, I personalized it with the year I am going to graduate (2018), my zodiac sign, which is Sagittarius, along with our school’s mascot, the bear, and a blue gem for our school’s color.” Brown also included, “My mother and my brother both graduated here. They still have their class rings, and I found it important for me to get one, as well.” He concluded by saying, “My class ring, to me, is a representation of our wonderful school, and my hometown. It’s something that I’m going to look back on and it’s going to bring back memories of these great years.”

Mackenzie Costello, a senior at HHS, also told The Clarion about her personalized ring. “They’re really good rings. I wear my ring on special occasions. At the time, I really enjoyed softball so that’s what was on the one side of my ring. On the other side, there was a bear, for our school’s mascot. It has my initials on it, with a pink gem, to represent one of my favorite colors.” Costello encourages the underclassmen to get a customized ring because it is something that you will always look back on.

Leah Rosado, a sophomore, shared her design. “My ring has my birthstone, which is a Garnet. Inside, it has my initials, and the year I will graduate engraved. It holds special meaning to me because my parents never graduated high school. They don’t have something to look back upon their high school years, so they wanted mine to be special. My family really wanted me to have one because I will be the first in my family to graduate.”
Having a class ring is very important to many students here at HHS. What makes them even more special is being able to customize them to fit your personality and the role you play here at HHS. Whether you’re an athlete, an actor, or you participate in one of the school’s great clubs, your ring can tell it all. Get a ring that represents you.