• New York college student dies after falling from clock tower weeks before graduating.

• Strong storms, including at least one tornado, have swept through parts of the Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic region.

• Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam.

Black Friday Shopping Already?

Black Friday Shopping Already?

Sierra Van Houten, Editor

November has just begun and people are already planning their Black Friday shopping trip.

For those who are unfamiliar with Black Friday and all of the madness, it is the day after Thanksgiving when all major retailers mark down the prices on most items. Black Friday is crazy mainly because it can become crazy aggressive very quickly. Major retailers such as Walmart, Target, Lowe’s, and Amazon have already started advertising their deals and promotions. They started announcing these deals on November 1 which was extremely early for Black Friday.

This makes me think, why so early?

Black Friday is so crazy people start lining up to get into the stores the night of Thanksgiving to be the first ones into the stores to get the deals. That also means some people can’t even celebrate Thanksgiving because they have to go to their jobs to work. I can see what they are trying to do, which is to make the holiday season flow smoother, but when is it too early? It seems like all people care about is Christmas nowadays and to be honest that takes the joy out of the holiday season.

People worry so much about what they are going to buy for who, but I think we are all missing the point of the holiday season. To be completely honest, I think these stores need to relax and wait a little bit when it comes to putting their sales out. I get there is competition between all of the stores as to who can make the most profit. In the end it is just going to end in pure chaos and people are going to get hurt.

In conclusion, if you are going to make a Black Friday shopping trip, please be very careful and make sure it is really worth the stress. In the end no product is worth getting into a fight with someone over because you can always get it after the Black Friday buzz dies down and also when December rolls around because not as many people will be rushing to the stores. 

Sierra Van Houten, Editor

Hi, my name is Sierra. I am currently a senior here at Hawthorne High School. This is my third year writing for The Clarion and my position here is an...

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Shark Tank 2019

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

• Black Friday Shopping Already?

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

Black Friday Shopping Already?