• New York college student dies after falling from clock tower weeks before graduating.

• Strong storms, including at least one tornado, have swept through parts of the Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic region.

• Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam.

Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Abigail Kedl, Staff Writer

Thanksgiving is this week which means it is time to start your holiday shopping!

Although this may be very stressful for some people, others find it exciting because of the great deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There has recently been some controversy over which is better, so I am here to state my opinion.

Black Friday is great for people who love to shop. Many people wake up very early to go to their favorite stores and get the best deals before items sell out. It can be a very exciting experience; however, many stores get overcrowded and there are stampedes that can kill people.

Oftentimes, people will do anything to get the item they desperately want which can be dangerous. Also, many stores open very early and some even open on Thanksgiving. This can be unfair to employees because it cuts into their Thanksgiving and family time. This is why many people may choose to do their holiday shopping on Cyber Monday.

Cyber Monday is for people that want the same (or sometimes even better) deals as Black Friday but are not willing to deal with the Black Friday madness. Cyber Monday is online and you do not even have to leave your house! Online stores often have more in stock, therefore you do not need to worry about fighting over items. Also, you do not need to wait in long lines or wake up extremely early. Cyber Monday is great for everyone who enjoys online shopping and wants great deals.

In my opinion, Cyber Monday is the better option for holiday shopping. Black Friday is a great experience that can be very exciting, but there are too many people and it is very stressful. Cyber Monday is much more convenient and typically has the same great deals as Black Friday.

However you choose to shop this holiday season, happy shopping!

Abigail Kedl, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Abigail Kedl. I am a sophomore here at Hawthorne High School and this is my first year writing for The Clarion. My favorite subject is science,...

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Shark Tank 2019

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

• Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday