Amanda’s Thoughts: Join a Club!

HHS
Ted Kerwin
HHS

Here at Hawthorne High School we have many clubs you could peruse and join. These clubs are fun and it’s a way to get involved in the school. We have many options, so you can choose what you would be most interested in. A few clubs we have are Italian Club, Spanish Club, Journalism Club, etc. There are so many and if you are interested in any you should consider joining. 

Joining one of these can be something to do in your free time. You get together with all of your classmates who are also in the club and discuss and do things.

For some, like the Italian Club, you can go on trips. Our Italian Club is going on a trip to Little Italy this November! If you don’t want to join this year you should consider joining in the upcoming years. It also looks good when you start applying to colleges. Colleges like seeing people who like to be involved with their school. 

If you really like writing then consider joining the Journalism Club. If you don’t want to take it as a course class, then this is the perfect way to still get involved and write for the school newspaper, The Clarion.

There are so many clubs to join so you must have one that you could be interested in. There’s so many different ways to get involved with our school and these clubs make it fun at the same time! So if you are considering joining, then you should!

Amanda Provenzano, Staff Writer
Hi I am Amanda Provenzano and I am currently a freshman at Hawthorne High School. I am so excited to write for the Clarion for the first time and in my first year of high school. I love writing, so I am very excited to write for our school. I love playing soccer and I am currently on the HHS varsity soccer team. I like a lot of food, but my favorite is pasta. My interests are writing, hanging out with friends and family, sports, and watching TV.