Covid-19 and Education: A Thought

Covid+19...Education
Brinacor
Covid 19…Education

The global pandemic has significantly transformed the landscape of education worldwide. As we enter 2024, Covid-19 is still leaving its mark on our school lives.

Imagine a world where school wasn’t just about sitting in a classroom all day. That became a reality during the pandemic, where schools had a “hybrid” form of educating, with a mix of in-person and online learning. As of this writing, most schools have stopped the online learning in 2024.

Covid-19 impacted education in so many ways, beyond the way students met or did not meet in school.

After the pandemic, schools started stepping up their game with new technology. It’s not just about books and chalkboards anymore. Most learning activities are on chromebooks that the school provides for students. This has impacted the way students learn in many ways by giving us more resources for learning.You can learn at your own pace and use your own techniques for learning.

The pandemic also changed the world of testing. In 2024 schools are trying new ways to see how much we’ve learned: we still have tests, but some teachers like to add a little fun such as group projects or open-book tests. It’s like they’re trying to keep us on our feet with new and exciting ways to show what we know. 

The pandemic has been hard on everyone: people lost their jobs and some students got a little behind in school work, along with the stress of getting sick, dealing with loved ones getting sick, and trying to stay healthy, it put a big dent in our mental health and that’s why a lot of schools pay extra attention to how we’re doing mentally.

They’ve started providing new programs and support groups to help us deal with the stress and other emotions that we high schoolers deal with. Schools all around the world are teaming up to share different learning techniques to help better our education. We get to learn from one another and share different ideas and opinions in learning.

We have learned a lot from the pandemic as it continuous to shake things up in the learning world: it’s not perfect, but schools are doing the best that they can to make learning smooth and easy whether it’s in person or online.

As students, we’re rolling with the changes and looking forward to what the future holds for us.

About the Contributor
Sara Caraballo, Staff Writer
Hi, my name is Sara Caraballo and I'm a freshman at Hawthorne High School. I'm really excited to start writing for Clarion. I enjoy playing volleyball and soccer. I'm currently not on a team yet, butI hope to start on one soon. I also enjoy writing, art, and spending time with my friends and family.