• NASA's InSight Mars Lander Touches Down 1 Week from Today!

• Chris Watts sentenced to life in prison in 'inhumane' killings of two daughters and pregnant wife.

• Rain will bring much-needed relief to California fires, but also new dangers.

Mrs. Redmerski Interview

The 2018-2019 school year has began and there are many new faces among the faculty here at Hawthorne High School. In a first of a series of articles, The Clarion is proud to introduce Mrs. Redmerski, who is an English teacher here at Hawthorne High School…

CLARION: Tell us a little about yourself.

MRS. REDMERSKI: I grew up in Cedar Grove, New Jersey. Now, my husband and I live in Wayne. I have a one-year-old son named Robert; we call him Robbie. I am a dog person. I have a three and a half year old boxer named Tucker.

CLARION: What made you want to become a teacher?

MRS. REDMERSKI: I always loved being in the classroom. I was a very social kid, so I loved being in school. I had an amazing high school English teacher. She made me want to become an English teacher.

CLARION: What do you like to do when you’re not teaching?

MRS. REDMERSKI: When I am not teaching, I like to watch TV. I also like to spend quality time with my family.

CLARION: Where did you go to college?

MRS. REDMERSKI: I went to Montclair State University. I double majored in English and education. I graduated with honors. I am currently taking graduate courses through the Scranton University online program in Curriculum and Instruction. I have two courses left.

CLARION: Did you teach before? If so where?

MRS. REDMERSKI: This is my seventh year teaching. I taught for two years in Louisiana while my husband was in the military. Then, I taught for four years in the Northern Valley School District.

CLARION: What part of teaching are you looking forward to the most?

MRS. REDMERSKI: I am really looking forward to teaching Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth this year. I love teaching Shakespearean plays. I hope my students enjoy it as much as my students have enjoyed it in the past.

CLARION: Why did you want to teach in this district?

MRS. REDMERSKI: I wanted to teach in this district for many reasons. First, I felt very comfortable during my interview and my demo-lesson. I knew I would fit right it. Second, Hawthorne is known to be a very close-knit community. And third, Hawthorne is a lot shorter of a commute than my 40+ minute drive to Old Tappan.

CLARION: Tell us about your student teaching experience?

MRS. REDMERSKI: I had a great student teaching experience. I taught at West Orange High School. I had five freshman English classes. My cooperating teacher, Joseph Suriano, was very helpful. I learned a lot from him, as well as from my students. I was nominated for the student teacher of the year award.

CLARION: What were you like as a student?

MRS. REDMERSKI: In high school, I was a very talkative student. I was the student, who was always getting in trouble for talking while the teacher was talking. In college, I became a lot more focused. I completed all my work and always made sure to do my very best.

So there you have it: just a little inside scope of one of our new English teachers Mrs.Redmerski!

Angelina Antonucci, Staff Writer

Hi I'm Angelina Antonucci, staff writer for The Clarion here at Hawthorne High School. My favorite subject is Math. I'm looking forward to writing for...

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Timothy Palmer

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Emma Mathews

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

Sports

Girl’s Soccer State Tournament

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

Justice For Jones: Why #BlackLivesMatter

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

Three Must Have Recipes for Thanksgiving

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

Wall of Respect

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

The New HHS Track

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

HHS Welcomes New Principal Mr.Cunningham

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

Student Profiles

Senior Drum Major: Brian Reilly

• Mrs. Redmerski Interview

2018-19 Hawthorne Bears Football Preview

Mrs. Redmerski Interview