Jennie White: Behind the Scenes

Jennie White, a senior, has a pretty big responsibility this year: She is one of the crew managers for our upcoming musical West Side Story. Jennie has been in crew since her freshman year, and so she has worked her way up the ladder. At first she was apprehensive about taking on the role of crew manager, but after our fall production You Can’t Take it With You, she warmed up to the idea.

“Being crew manager reminds me that I have earned that title,” White said. Being a close friend of hers, I knew she would be able to take control and manage everyone; she just needed a little confidence. As one of the crew managers, her job is to help make sure props and scenes get built and that her fellow crew members are staying on task. The reason she joined crew in the first place was because she liked the people who were acting in the plays, and she wanted to be a part of the drama productions. Jennie encourages people to join crew because “everyone always makes you feel welcome, and it is a lot of fun.”

Along with a love for crew, she also has a love for her Coton de Tulear Cosmo. She claims that he is “the cutest thing that has ever lived.” She also likes to do Zumba because, although it gets very tiring, it is a lot of fun and helps her to stay in shape. Her stepdad, Al Maas, is one of the security guards in our school but she doesn’t mind it. “It really doesn’t bother me because he doesn’t embarrass me,” White said.

Regarding future plans and college, Jennie will be attending Rowan University in the fall.