Ramos Brothers Break Wrestling Records

HHS junior wrestlers Evan and Ethan Ramos just completed a record-breaking season.

Evan Ramos had a great season this year at the 195 pound weight class. He placed 1st in the Hawk Tournament, 1st in the County Tournament, 1st in the District 6 Tournament, 2nd in the Region 2 Tournament, and just missed placing in the New Jersey State Wrestling Tournament. Evan broke the school record for most pins in a season with 28 pins. He also has the second most consecutive wins in a season with 37 wins. This season Ramos went 39-3 making his overall career record 91-19. Evan stated referring to his season, “I felt good about it because I got to my goal which was to go to states and to get 90 wins.”
Ethan Ramos also had a great season this year wrestling at the 170 pound weight class. He also placed 1st in the Hawk Tournament, 1st in the County Tournament, 1st in the District 6 Tournament, 1st in the Region 2 Tournament, and 4th in the State Tournament. Ethan broke two school records, one for most consecutive wins in a season with 40 consecutive wins, and another one for most wins in a season with 41 wins. He also broke 100 wins this season, which has been done by only one other wrestler, Rusty Reed (1994) throughout Hawthorne High School’s history.
when asked how he felt about this season, Ethan responded, “Unsatisfied.” He feels he did not accomplish all the goals he set. He stated referring to his season, “I think it will motivate me to work a lot harder and push myself beyond my limits.”
Hawthorne High School is very proud of Evan and Ethan. It’s likely that the Ramos brothers hold the all-time record anywhere for the most wins by twin brothers.  Hopefully, this season is only a preview of what is to come for the brothers next year.