Super Bowl XLVIII Recap

The Seattle Seahawks dominated the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII with a lead of 43 to 8. The two teams played at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on February 2, 2014. This was the Broncos’ seventh appearance at the Super Bowl and the Seahawks’ second.

By half time, the Seahawks were leading 22-0 with the Broncos playing little offense, which was supposed to be their strong point. By the third quarter, the Broncos finally made their first touchdown of the game, but that was not enough for a turnaround. In the end, the Seahawks were just “too quick, too physical, and just too good for Denver,” as reported in an article on ESPN.com, and took home the Super Bowl XLVIII championship title and the Vince Lombardi trophy.

Having won two Super Bowls and having Payton Manning as quarterback with a strong offensive line, the Broncos were the favorite to win as they had the experience and strategy. The Seahawks, on the other hand, had a strong season and had one of the strongest defenses seen in the NFL, according to ESPN.com. With the Broncos’ offense being so strong, no one expected the Seahawks to win with such a big lead.

Like all Super Bowls, there was also a spectacular half time show. This year Bruno Mars was the headliner with an appearance by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.