What I Learned…In and Out of School

Diego Navarro, Staff Writer

There were a lot of things I learned this year in and out of school.

When it comes to learning (like in school), I have developed and improved my academics. This starting year I was only in two honors classes which were World History and Physics. I studied and learned in other classes (even classes I didn’t like), but I improved in them anyway.

Now coming into my Sophomore year of high school I am now in all honor classes. I learned to sacrifice some things that weren’t as important to my education and became better than I was at the beginning of the year.

There was something that I learned outside of school that is now stuck with me, which is to be independent and to be good at money management. I do everything independently and focus on myself doing things like learning, sports, and my health.

When it came to money management, I decided there are things that I want: and things that I need. The things that I want usually aren’t things I need to live. Things I need are usually things I normally need and or buy when I have the chance. That is the one lesson I will keep for my entire life and keep doing it as an adult.

I also learned to become better at soccer and other activities that I enjoy doing in my free time. As soon as I practiced more, the better I became.