The New York Giants

The NY Giants

The New York Giants have been the laughing stock of the league for about 7 or 8 years now. Giants fans had a glimpse of something so different (yet so beautiful) in the 2022-2023 season with the Giants having a positive record and winning a playoff game.

After the first positive season in a long time, Giants fans were excited and hopeful for the 2023-2024 season. The Giants had an opening game on Sunday night football to start the season against their rivals, the Dallas Cowboys.  

The New York Giants lost the game 40-0, One of the worst starts to a season any NFL team and franchise can imagine. This was a nightmare for the Giants, but not only for week 1, but also for multiple weeks to come.

Going into week 2 of the season the Giants, without one of their most important players, offensive tackle Andrew Thomas, battled through adversity and beat the Arizona Cardinals in a thriller. Even though the Giants won the game, starting guard Ben Bredeson went down with a concussion 

As the nightmare continued for the poor Giants fans, the team had to play the San Francisco 49ers on a short week in primetime.  The Giants did not play horrible, but they are still the Giants and ended up losing again.

With another Primetime game coming up the Giants faced the Seattle Seahawks on Monday Night Football. 

The Giants still did not have two of their best players and a beat up offensive line which got worse after another loss week 4 against the Seahawks. Their rookie center Michael Schmitz went down with a shoulder injury. With another loss to an already terrible line, the Giants went into week 5 against the best offense in the NFL, the Miami Dolphins. While the Giants defense was not playing too bad they were still no match for the Dolphins amazing offense. With another loss week 5 came with another important player going down. The NY Giants starting QB Daniel Jones went down with a neck injury. 

Week 6 the Giants had to play another primetime game against the Buffalo Bills so they could embarrass themselves in front of a large audience yet again. The team brightened up a little bit with their star running back Saquon Barkley coming back from injury. Still, the Giants offensive line managed to get worse with both of their back up tackles getting injured which paved the way for another Giants loss against the Buffalo Bills. The Giants are now 1-5 and all of New York is just wondering when the pain is going to stop.

Sami Maali, Staff Writer
Hi. my name is Sami Maali and I am a senior here at Hawthorne High School. This is my first year writing for the Clarion and I will be looking forward to writing many articles for the school newspaper. I enjoy soccer and I am on the HHS soccer team. Also, I enjoy watching many sports like football, soccer, basketball, and baseball. I like to hang out with my friends and enjoy spending time with my family.