Start of the 2023-24 NBA Season

The NBA
Andres Ubierna
The NBA

The 2023-2024 NBA season has just begun and things are very interesting. Last season was very good and exciting. In the last NBA Season, we saw so many new things accomplished, we saw many records broken, new stars emerging, as well as new teams setting up the future of the NBA. Given the way this NBA season has started, we might be looking at another very exciting season. 

In the Eastern Conference, I believe that the Celtics will be the top contender. As of now, the 76ers have the best record in the Eastern Conference, but I don’t think that will be for long. I think the Celtics will be able to surpass the 76ers. I think that the Heat will be ending up in the 3rd slot and the Bucks will finish 4th in the Eastern Conference. The Eastern Conference is very top-heavy. There are a couple of teams that are very good, and then there is a significant drop off in terms of how good they are. These top teams are the only teams that I can see potentially doing well in the postseason.

The Western Conference is a much stronger conference than the Eastern Conference. This conference is much less top-heavy with many more championship contending teams. Despite all of the very good teams, I believe that the Nuggets will be the best team. The Nuggets won the Championship last year and they show no signs of slowing down this year. They are currently tied for the highest ranking with the Mavericks.

Following behind the Nuggets, I believe the Mavericks will finish in the 2nd place ranking. The Mavericks have one of the best players in the league, Luka Doncic, and have just recently placed another star, Kyrie Irving, with him. I believe that he is just what the Mavericks needed in order to be a championship contender.

In the 3rd slot, my prediction is the Warriors. The only issue the Warriors face is not having a young team, as all of their stars are 33 and older. But, they are still looking very strong this season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them being a championship-contending team. For the 4th ranked team, my prediction is the Suns. The Suns have had a very rough start to the year, being 4-6, but, they still do hold the potential to do very well. But, until then, they will be my 4th ranked team. 

This season is also very exciting because it is the NBA debut of the first overall pick, Victor Wembanyama. The reason this is so important is because Victor is a generational talent. He is regarded as the most hyped up prospect since LeBron James, who quickly became, debatably, the best basketball player ever. The reason that Victor is viewed as a “phenom” is because he stands at 7”4, has an 8-foot wingspan, and possesses ball handling and shooting skills. Given by the way he has started the season, he has a lot of potential and I am very excited to see how he develops. This season is looking to be very exciting.

Ethan Blau, Staff Writer
Hello my name is Ethan Blau and this is my first year writing for the Clarion. I am in my senior year at Hawthorne High School. I am part of the school lacrosse team. I am very excited to begin writing many articles for the school newspaper.