Historic Rookie Season

CJ+Stroud
Tennessee Titans
CJ Stroud

CJ Stroud quickly became a household name in the NFL this season.

Stroud is having one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history. Stroud is ranked 6th among all other quarterBacks in the NFL as a rookie who has no experience. This obviously is not a problem because Stroud looks as if he has been playing in the NFL for 6+ years. Not only is his play style making him look great, but it is also helping his team excel. 

In the 2022 season the Houston Texans went 3-13 and did not win one game at home. In the CJ Stroud era the Texans are now sitting at 6-5 with 4 home game wins and a very bright future. That bright future starts with one bright light and that light is CJ Stroud. Stroud could become the second ever rookie to win MVP. All of Stroud’s hype is being backed by his stats and by the way he was leading the very young Houston Texans.

Stroud has already broken two records in the 11 games he has played. One of them was throwing the most passing yards in a single game as a rookie. Stroud threw a total of 470 yards in the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and also threw 5 touchdowns.

The second record that Stroud broke was the most passing yards as a rookie in the first 11 games. The previous record was held by Justin Herbert, the Los Angeles Chargers quarterback. The record was 3,224 passing yards and Stroud has thrown for 3,266.

If Stroud can play like this the rest of the season (or even play better) then he has a great chance of winning the MVP. Helping get the Texans to the playoffs would also be a huge boost for him and all of the fans who support the Texans. The NFL world is all watching CJ and everyone knows they are witnessing history on yet another amazing NFL season.

About the Contributor
Sami Maali, Staff Writer
Hi. my name is Sami Maali and I am a senior here at Hawthorne High School. This is my first year writing for the Clarion and I will be looking forward to writing many articles for the school newspaper. I enjoy soccer and I am on the HHS soccer team. Also, I enjoy watching many sports like football, soccer, basketball, and baseball. I like to hang out with my friends and enjoy spending time with my family.