NBA All-Star Starters

Erik Drost
Jalen Brunson: All-Star Game Snub

The NBA All-Star starters have been announced, and the league is receiving some heat from fans.

The Eastern Conference captain is Giannis Antetokounmpo, and the starters consist of PPG leader and reigning MVP Joel Embiid, APG leader Tyrese Haliburton, Damian Lillard, and Jayson Tatum.

The Western Conference captain is LeBron James, and the starters consist of Luka Doncic, Kevin Durant, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and 2x MVP Nikola Jokic. This marks just the second time since 2014 that Stephen Curry hasn’t been named an all-star starter. 

New York Knicks guard Jalen Brunson has been a popular name as of late regarding the All-Star Game. He is currently averaging 26.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 6.5 assists on 48/42/83 shooting splits while leading the Knicks to the 3rd seed in the East. As a biased Knicks fan, Jalen Brunson should 100% be starting over a player like Damian Lillard who is not as efficient a scorer or passer as Brunson. Fans around the NBA seem to agree.

The NBA is reverting back to the old Eastern vs Western Conference game for the first time since 2017. Prior to the removal of it, the West had won 7 out of the last 10 matchups.

There have only been 3 repeat All-Star game MVP’s (Kobe Bryant, Russell Westbrook, Shaquille O’Neal) since 2000. There have also been two different occasions where the game recognized two MVP’s in one game, once in 2000, and the other in 2009.

Who’s your pick to win the game and/or the MVP?

Angel Clemente, Staff Writer
Hi, my name is Angel Clemente and I'm a junior at HHS. This is my first year taking journalism and writing for the Clarion. I am excited to enlighten the students and staff of this school by writing articles. I play basketball and baseball for the school and I love music.