NBA All Star Weekend 2024

rondostar
The NBA All Star Game

The All Star Weekend has regressed massively over the years. Nobody really knows what to do or how to change the Weekend for the better. The NBA All Star weekend has different games and challenges that NBA stars and celebrities participate in. One popular event is the Celebrity All Star game; some celebrities that participated in the game this year were Kai Cenat, CJ Stroud, and Micah Parsons. 

One event that has specifically regressed over the years is the dunk contest. All NBA fans are wondering why and how this is possible. There used to be players excited and ready to join any event that was during the All Star weekend. Now most players do not try or just not play at all. Adam Silver needs to find a solution to this issue quickly because even some players are publicly saying they do not try.

One event that everyone loves is the three point contest. This year the participants were Damian Lillard, Malik Beasley, Tyrese Haliburton, Jalen Brunson, Karl-Anthony Towns, and Tre Young. The winner of the contest was Damian Lillard who won with a score of 26 in the final round. This year the NBA did something special by having Steph Curry compete against WNBA player Sabrina Lonescu in a three point shootout. Lonescu performed fairly well, but Curry ended up beating her with a final score of 29.

The NBA All Star game ended with a record breaking score. The Eastern conference team scored over 200 points breaking the record for the most points by a single team. The West was supposed to be the best team formed in recent years. The young Eastern conference showed that they can compete and play without a doubt. With another All Star game in the books fans are definitely looking forward to the changes that will be made to the next All Star weekend. 

Sami Maali, Staff Writer
Hi. my name is Sami Maali and I am a senior here at Hawthorne High School. This is my first year writing for the Clarion and I will be looking forward to writing many articles for the school newspaper. I enjoy soccer and I am on the HHS soccer team. Also, I enjoy watching many sports like football, soccer, basketball, and baseball. I like to hang out with my friends and enjoy spending time with my family.