New York Yankees Offseason and Season Preview

Mr.TinDC
Here Come…the NY Yankees…

With the Yankees having a strong offseason including bringing in some big names, the future’s looking bright for the Bombers.

To start the offseason, the Yankees made a trade with the Boston Red Sox  to acquire Alex Verdugo while shipping off Greg Weissert, Richard Fitts, and Nicholas Judice, three young pitchers with little to no major league experience.

The highlight of the Yankees offseason consisted of a blockbuster deal with the San Diego Padres. The Yankees sent over Michael King, Kyle Higashioka, Jhony Brito, Randy Vasquez, and Drew Thorpe in exchange for Juan Soto and Trent Grisham.

The next move made by the Yankees was signing a new pitcher with a heavy role in the rotation. This pitcher is 3x all star and 1x gold glover Marcus Stroman. They got him on a 2-year, $37M deal. There were a few other minor deals for young players, including a trade with the Cleveland Guardians where the Yankees gave away the young lefty outfielder Estevan Florial in exchange for Cody Morris, a promising young pitcher with little major league experience.

Despite all of this, experts around the league are projecting the Yankees to finish last in the AL East. The Yankees have one of the most promising pitching rotations with reigning Cy Young award winner Gerrit Cole, Marcus Stroman, Nestor Cortes, Carlos Rodon, and a fifth spot that is up for grabs. As we are days away from opening day, we will soon find out what this Yankees squad has in store for fans around the league.

Angel Clemente, Staff Writer
Hi, my name is Angel Clemente and I'm a junior at HHS. This is my first year taking journalism and writing for the Clarion. I am excited to enlighten the students and staff of this school by writing articles. I play basketball and baseball for the school and I love music.