New York Mets Pre-Season Preview

Ken Mattison
Jeff O’Neil from the NY Mets

The New York Mets have been a team with very low expectations for many seasons.

Mets fans are hoping that the 2024-2025 season will end up different. The main hope of the fans this season are that the young kids that are starting to grow and are becoming major league talents.

Some big names that the fans hope exceed expectations are Francisco Alvarez (catcher) who has so much talent on both sides of the ball. Another talent that has a ton of potential is Drew Gilbert, an upcoming right fielder who the Mets acquired after trading Justin Verlander last season.

The Mets have looked great on both sides of the ball in spring training, hitting home runs and striking batters out.

Even though fans think these spring games are fake, I think these games are very important for a young team like the Mets. Finding a groove this early before the season even starts is what every young team needs. With the season starting up in a few days I think the Mets can surprise a lot of people this year.

The main reason for that is because the Mets have been underrated every single year, even when they made it to the World Series in 2015.

Most Mets fans are dreading another season of Mets baseball, but I think fans all around the world should be excited and happy that Mets baseball is back.

About the Contributor
Sami Maali, Staff Writer
Hi. my name is Sami Maali and I am a senior here at Hawthorne High School. This is my first year writing for the Clarion and I will be looking forward to writing many articles for the school newspaper. I enjoy soccer and I am on the HHS soccer team. Also, I enjoy watching many sports like football, soccer, basketball, and baseball. I like to hang out with my friends and enjoy spending time with my family.