2014 Grammy Awards Highlight

The biggest night in the music industry, the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, took place on Sunday, January 26, 2014 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. As expected, it was full of lavish outfits, glamorous performances, and high-status winners.

Celebrities turned heads when they stepped onto the red carpet. Performer Beyonce stepped onto the red carpet in a Michael Costello cream-laced embroidered gown, while Alicia Keys wore a Armani Prive royal blue gown. The ever-so-original Katy Perry wore a gown covered with music notes made by Valentino, while Taylor Swift kept it simple with a gold Gucci gown.

Off the red carpet, music’s power couple, Beyonce and Jay-Z, opened up the show with their new hit song “Drunk in Love.” Other memorable performances included a collaboration between Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lama who mixed their hit songs “m.A.A.d. City” and “Radioactive.” An innocent and charming performance was given by Taylor Swift who performed her song “All to Well,” and the crowd was wowed by a performance turned wedding to the tune of Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, and Mary Lambert’s hit “Same Love.” They were joined by Madonna, Trombone Shorty, and Reverend Queen Latifah.

Daft Punk was also joined by collaborators Nile Rodgers and Pharrell Williams to perform their hit “Get Lucky.” During their act, Stevie Wonder took the stage to create a special performance that could only happen at the Grammy’s.

Onto the awards… The winner for Record of the Year was Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers for their hit “Get Lucky.” Daft Punk also took home Album of the Year for their record Random Access Memories.

Song of the Year went to 17-year-old New Zealand artist Lorde for her hit song “Royals,” while Macklemore and Ryan Lewis took home the Best New Artist award.

Nominations for the Grammys were announced on December 6, 2013. As per Grammy.com, the nominees were:

Record of the Year nominees were: “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers“ Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons, “Royals” by Lorde, “Locked Out of Heaven” by Bruno Mars and “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell.
Album of the Year nominees are: The Blessed Unrest by Sara Barellies, Random Access Memories by Daft Punk, Good Kid, M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar, The Heist by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, and Red by Taylor Swift.

Song of the Year nominees were: “Just Give Me A Reason” by Pink and Nate Reuss, “Locked Out of Heaven” by Bruno Mars,” Roar” by Katy Perry, “Royals” by Lorde, and “Same Love” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert.

Best New Artists nominees were: James Blake, Kendrick Lamar,Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Kacey Musgraves, and Ed Sheeran.