Valentine’s Day Movie Season

Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away, which means the sappy lovey-dovey trailers for movies are being played on every channel. This year there are the classic romantic movies and the not-so-typical comedic movies hitting the theaters this Valentine’s Day.

The first typical Valentine’s Day movie this year is Endless Love, starring Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde. It is a movie about a privileged, sheltered girl who falls in love,against her father’s wishes, with a charming guy with a criminal record.

Next, there is the movie based on the novel by Mark Helprin,Winter’s Tale, starring Colin Farrell, Jennifer Connelly, Will Smith, Matt Bomer and Kevin Durand. This movie takes place in a mystical New York City, and is about fate, miracles, and the battle between good and evil.

Another movie hitting theaters this Valentine’s Day is About Last Night, another typical romantic movie headlining Kevin Hart and Michael Ealy. About Last Night is a movie about two couples taking their relationship to the next level.

Although this movie hits theaters 15 days before Valentine’s Day, it is still within the season of love, and of course, is about relationships. That Awkward Moment, which stars Zac Efron, Miles Teller, and Michael B. Jordan, takes a spin on the classic love story. Instead of the movie being in the girl’s and her girlfriend’s point of view, it takes place from three guy’s perspectives. The movie follows three best friends and their “love lives” as typical guys.

If you’re not in the mood to hit the theater on the Valentine’s Day, here are some classics you can watch at home. As of last year, according to an article by The International Business Times, Hitch, starring Will Smith, held the number one spot for the highest grossing Valentine’s Day release ever. Coming in number two was, Valentine’s Day, the 2011 romantic comedy that starred a number of known actors and actresses. Both movies are available on DVD.

So as Valentine’s Day creeps its way closer, one can choose between three types of movies to see this season: the romance (Endless Love, About Last Night, or Winter’s Tale), the bro-mance (That Awkward Moment), or the classic (Hitch or Valentine’s Day).