Paige Stroh: On the Road to Success

It is unlikely that there is a busier student at Hawthorne High School than exuberant senior Paige Stroh. Involved with numerous activities, you will never spot Stroh standing idly by. Whether she’s hanging out with friends, running laps at practice, or busy with school work, there has never been a dull moment in her high school career. With her fun personality, Stroh has always striven to succeed, and her time at HHS has really exhibited her success.

As an active member of the tennis and track team, Senior Class Cabinet, SHARE, National Honor Society, Italian Honor Society, Student Council, Italian Club, and Ecology Club, Stroh is always on the go. Even with her hands full of extra-curricular activities, sports, and honor societies, she has still managed and maintained high academic standings and is graduating in the top of her class.

National Honor Society Supervisor Kelly Clifford said, “Paige is the vice president of the National Honor Society this year, and I could not have asked for a more attentive and strong leader.  She was always available to help me, and her positive attitude helped propel the NHS. I am going to miss her immensely.”

Despite her busy schedule, Stroh has managed to have top grades throughout her school career. Stroh commented, “I’ve always wanted to do my best ever since elementary school. That fire just never died in me, so I think that keeps me driven.”

Stroh will attend The College of New Jersey in the fall, majoring in biomedical engineering.  She hopes to one day be a biomedical engineer or to work in the engineering field.

When asked where she sees herself in ten years, Stroh answered, “In ten years, hopefully I have established a successful career as a woman in engineering.  I just want to be happy, because life is too good not to be.”

Close friend, senior Natalie Tousignant, commented, “Paige is one of the most eclectic people I’ve ever met.  She’s everything: incredibly smart, gorgeous, hilarious, caring, honest, athletic.  She’s the type of person you love more the better you get to know her.  I’m so lucky to have her as a best friend.  After five years of being inseparable, it’s going to be difficult to leave someone who’s been such an important and amazing part of my life.  OMG I love that idiot.”

With all her success through high school, Stroh realizes she could not have done it all on her own. She reflects, “[I thank] my parents for always supporting me.  And my wonderful friends–I wouldn’t have survived high school without them!”