• Russian Aeroflot flight diverted after suspected hijacking, demand for flight be diverted to Afghanistan.

• CBS rejects Super Bowl ad on benefits of medical marijuana.

• Los Angeles teachers strike to go into second week even if agreement reached, union says.

Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Dani Bonafede, Staff Writer

For some, leaves changing and temperatures dropping means apple picking, for others it means football season. But for some of us, it means the Theater Department’s Fall Production is well on its way. The previous autumns have consisted of You Can’t Take it with You, It’s a Wonderful Life, and just last year, To Kill a Mockingbird. This year, Ms. Kimberly Griffin proudly announced that the Theater Department will be be putting on an absolutely stellar performance of Twelve Angry Men, although the title has been changed to Twelve Angry Jurors to accommodate females as well as males, and be overall more progressive.

Twelve Angry Jurors  is about a room of, shockingly, twelve jurors who must decide the fate of a teen boy accused of murdering his father. Each of the jurors have their own personality, which puts a spin on the story; one juror questions if the boy is in fact guilty, and another positive that he deserves nothing but the death sentence. Filled with drama and excitement, there’s no doubt in any of our minds that this play will be yet another success for Hawthorne High School.

An additional reason the department is on the edge of their seats for this production is because it is under new supervision. Our beloved Mrs. Jill Hackett has proudly handed over her carefully crafted Theater Department (and Drama Club) to an extremely influential Hawthorne High School ’05 alumni, Ms. Kimberly Griffin, and at her side, another HHS alum, Ms. Marchelle Roniet, who graduated in ’07.

With auditions ceased and cast lists posted, the Theater Department is ecstatic to start producing this years performance, and is sure to keep the one and only Mrs. Hackett fresh in their memory throughout Twelve Angry Jurors, and their other theatrical endeavors to come.

Dani Bonafede, Editor

‍Daniella Bonafede is a senior at Hawthorne High School. More commonly known as Dani, she is a motivated student who loves to take part in school activities....

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Mr. Hawthorne 2019

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

And the Spring Musical Is….

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Holiday Spirit Week: Door Decorations

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

What Do the Clarion Writers of Period 6 Do During the Holidays?

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Timothy Palmer

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Student Profiles

Senior Spotlight: Emma Mathews

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Sports

Girl’s Soccer State Tournament

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Justice For Jones: Why #BlackLivesMatter

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Three Must Have Recipes for Thanksgiving

• Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production

Wall of Respect

Hawthorne 2016 Fall Production