Alumni Spotlight: Joe Wojtecki

Leah Rosado, Editor

The Clarion is excited to introduce a new column called “Alumni Spotlight” showcasing graduates from Hawthorne High School. Next up, HHS alumni Joe Wojtecki from the class of 2014.

Clarion Interviewer :What were some of your favorite HHS memories? Who were your favorite teachers at HHS?

Joe Wojtecki: I have many, but my favorite memories would have to be hanging out with my friends and going to Friday night football games. My favorite teachers at HHS were Mrs. Lyness, Mr. McMann, Woj, and Mrs. Gerdes.

Clarion Interviewer: What sports did you play at HHS?

Joe Wojtecki: I ran track and played lacrosse.

Clarion Interviewer: What are you up to now?

Joe Wojtecki: I’m currently serving our country in the United States Marine Corps and my job is a flight equipment technician.

Clarion Interviewer: Why did you join the Marines?

Joe Wojtecki: I joined the Marine Corps after high school because it has always has been a dream of mine since I was a kid and plus the Marines are the best of the best.

Clarion Interviewer: Are you looking forward to anything?

Joe Wojtecki: I look forward to every chance I get to come home and spend time with my family and friends.

Clarion Interviewer: Career path after the Marines? Any goals you would like to accomplish?

Joe Wojtecki: I plan on attending at least a community college after my enlistment. I want to be a firefighter in New York City after the Marines. As for my goals in life I would like to have a family and a great job.

Clarion InterviewerDescribe your HHS experience. How has your outlook on life changed since you left HHS?

Joe Wojtecki: My HHS experience had its up and downs, but I feel like at the end of my 4 years there, I really matured  and it made me who I am today.

Wish Joe all the best and thank him for serving in our US Marines!