Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

Ms. Gail Tilstra and Mr. Billy Cunningham

Vanessa Tousignant, Editor

Every year, Atlantic Stewardship Bank branch in Midland Park NJ, fulfills their mission by serving the neighboring communities and giving back through their Tithing Program. The Tithing Program was created 34 years ago in an effort to donate 10% of the bank’s profits back to organizations and schools in the local area.

The company’s core belief, “faithful to our customers,” is evident through the work they do. In all, Atlantic Stewardship Bank has given back more than $11 million, with some of their past recipients being Boys and Girls Club of Northwest New Jersey, Hawthorne Volunteer Ambulance Corps, and many times, Hawthorne High School. On April 9, 2019, Senior Vice President/Human Resources Director at Atlantic Stewardship Bank, Ms Gail Tilstra, generously donated $1,000 to Hawthorne High School’s Principal, Mr. Billy Cunningham.

This contribution will be placed into the School Welfare account for student driven activities and for the benefit of the students at Hawthorne High School. Ms. Tilstra bestowed this honor onto Hawthorne High School because she believes in this school, values the education that is provided, and is an alumna herself.

On behalf of Hawthorne High School and the Hawthorne community, we say thank you to Ms. Gail Tilstra and Atlantic Stewardship Bank for their continued generosity throughout the years.