Have a Happy, Safe Halloween

Halloween, of course, is fun for all ages. Whether it be trick or treating, dressing up or attending a halloween bash. However, the best way to enjoy Halloween is to be safe and smart. Here is a list of 7 things to be safe and sound on Halloween night. 

• Make sure your phone is fully charged with your ringer on. You never know when you might need it for emergencies like contacting an adult. 
  • If you are driving, be alert on the backroads for children that may be crossing. If you are on the streets make sure to check both ways and cross with precautions. Never assume the car will stop!
  • If you attend a halloween party make sure you are aware of your surroundings and check your phone every once in a while to make sure there is no emergency. Stay in the area with friends and make sure you are never alone. 
  • Make sure to check candy received while trick or treating. Whether it be yours, siblings or younger family members. 
  • Be prepared with flashlights/glow sticks. Just in case of an emergency, it’s always a good idea to have a backup.
  • Be careful with any masked costume as it may affect sight and get uncomfortable throughout the night.   
  • Never be alone! Never walk, arrive, or leave anywhere alone or with a stranger.

Just remember these tips to have a fun Halloween filled with treats, not tricks.

Kaitlyn Neeb, Staff Writer
Hi, my name is Kaitlyn Neeb, and I am currently a freshman at Hawthorne High School. I am very excited for the years ahead of me here at HHS. This is my first year of writing for the Clarion as well as in high school overall. I love to play volleyball and I am currently on the Hawthorne Bears Volleyball team. My interests include things like reading, writing, volleyball and downtime with my friends and family.