Fun Fall Activities

Stanley Zimny
Fall is Here!

The weather’s cooling down, the leaves are changing colors, and Thanksgiving is right around the corner…Fall is here! And with it, there are many different activities you and/or your friends and family can do. 

The first thing you can do is try to get some money from raking leaves for your neighbors. You can each get 10, maybe even 20$ per yard, and that money can add up fast after doing a full block. It is a fast, easy way to get some money, that also helps people as well. Not to mention how fun it is to mess with a pile of colorful, crunchy leaves! 

Another thing you can do is go pumpkin/apple picking. Nothing like some good seasonal fruits like apples and pumpkins to get you in an autumn mood! It’s an excellent way to get some exercise in, also, if you’re good with food, you can bake many delicious treats with your harvest, such as pumpkin bread or apple pie!

While technically you can do this year round, hiking during the fall invites many different opportunities that are unique to this time of year. Since the weather has cooled down quite a bit, the risk of being attacked by bugs has significantly gone down. Not to mention the breathtaking collage of trees of all colors all clustered together to create a beautiful painting. Don’t be afraid to take some leaves on the go while you’re at it! You can use them for scrapbooking or craft projects, or even use them to brag to your friends how much fun you had. 

Lastly, since it isn’t boiling outside, now is the ripe season to start having your own campfires! Use a little fire pit of your own, or go to a camping site, however you see fit. Roast yourself some s’mores! Tell scary stories! Or just enjoy the crackling flames. REMEMBER: ALWAYS PRACTICE FIRE SAFETY!! RESEARCH PROPER FIRE TECHNIQUES!!

Kendra Michel, Staff Writer
Hiya! My name is Kendra Michel and I am currently a sophomore here at HHS. This is my first time writing for the school newspaper, and I can't wait to write fun and interesting articles for you all! I like to spend my free time drawing, sewing, or just hanging out with my friends. I am also involved with the color guard in the HHS marching band.