Goal Setting For the New Year

Setting+Goals...
mortsan
Setting Goals…

When setting your expectations higher, we mentally want to put failure in the past and the future of success in front. You may say ‘New Year! New Me!,” when the new year rolls around, but do you ever end up sticking to that saying? I came up with some goals that can make you feel like a new person in the new year if you follow along:

Better time management: Improving your time management takes a major part in being successful in life. When holding strong time-management skills, it can improve lots of things such as achieving more tasks in less time and having less stress. If you complete a lot of tasks in such a short amount of time, this gives you the benefit of being able to get more tasks done or even time to relax.

Having good time management may not come easy to everyone, but here’s a tip that can help. Pay close attention to the time you have. Paying close attention can help ensure important jobs/tasks are done and can help you make events on time. A great method that can help this is time-blocking. Time blocking is when you group similar tasks together and dedicate a specific time block to complete them at once. This is a very successful and helpful way to help have better time management.

Staying organized: Being organized comes along with having good time management. Getting organized is almost like scheduling your life, but with hidden advantages. Whether getting organized means organizing your drawers and cabinets or managing your day effectively, there are many ways to achieve this goal.

Making a list for the day with the tasks you need to complete is a very beneficial way to get those tasks done as you can check them off along the way. Prioritizing your most important work is a great way to remove all of the important tasks from your day so you can work your way down to the more laid back tasks. A way to stay organized physically is simple: if you see any mess, you clean it right away. Procrastinating and cleaning up later will most likely never happen because it may seem like too much later.

Healthier lifestyle: Prioritizing your self-care mentally and physically is very essential.Taking the time to complete things that help you live well can improve both of these things. Self-care is a decision-making based process that helps you look out for your own health.

Improving your self-care physically can conclude by getting enough sleep, exercising daily, and a healthy balanced diet. Improving yourself physically also affects you mentally. Improving yourself mentally can conclude positive self-talk, avoiding/reducing stress, relaxing, and having creative outlets. If you don’t have good self care it can possibly lead to increased moodiness, having difficulty concentrating, and many more negative effects.

Lauren Iannacone, Staff Writer
Hi! I'm Lauren, a staff writer and freshman here at Hawthorne High School. I hope to contribute many articles to the Clarion, as a first time writer for the school newspaper. I play softball and soccer and enjoy spending time with my friends and listening to music. I hope my articles spark your interest!