Carnevale 2024

Carnevale%21
gnuckx – Creative Commons Free License gnuckx (at) gmail.com
Carnevale!

Carnevale is an annual celebration of Italian heritage that takes place here at HHS, and this year was a huge success!

The event was hosted by the Italian club and took place on February 15 in rooms 120 and 122. It was an all-day celebration of food, music, and video games. Tickets could be purchased at the entrance to be exchanged for goods such as coffee, waffles, ice cream, Italian ice, and baked goods provided by students in the club.

Carnevale ran from 9am to 2pm, and teachers were encouraged to sign up to take their classes down during the day for 15 minutes at a time. Doors were also open during lunch, and plenty of students stopped by to grab something to eat and join the celebration! The rooms were filled with the sounds of Italian music, talking, laughing, and all-around fun.

Decorations, masks, and lights were hung around the room, and students in Italian 1 and 2 wore masks that they created to demonstrate the cultural strength and heritage of Carnevale. 

In Italy, Carnevale is a joyous celebration that lifts people’s spirits during the cold winter months. It is also the final celebration of eating and drinking before Lent, and often takes place for multiple weekends.

The Festivities include parades, parties, intricate masks and costumes, food, drinks, and mischief. Carnevale is an event that is recognized throughout all of Italy, and every town or city may have its own celebration. Although some places are known for their over-the-top festivals that include fireworks, bonfires, and other exciting rituals. 

Carnevale is a proud tradition of HHS that has been around for years, shedding light on Italian culture and supporting the Italian club. Student volunteers and teachers worked hard to make sure the event ran smoothly and was enjoyable for everyone, and it couldn’t have gone better. 

Kerianne O'Gara, Chief Editor
Hi, my name is Kerianne O'Gara, I'm a senior here at HHS. This is my third year writing for the Clarion and I'm excited to be back! I love to read and write and my other interests include watching horror movies, listening to music, hanging out with friends, and going to the beach. I am also the captain of the tennis team, which I have been a part of for three years. I look forward to adding plenty of articles to the Clarion this year!