• New York college student dies after falling from clock tower weeks before graduating.

• Strong storms, including at least one tornado, have swept through parts of the Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic region.

• Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam.

The Nairobi Terror Attack

The Nairobi Terror Attack

Lubanah Alayoubi, Staff Writer

Over the course of numerous months, various forms of terror attacks and murders have occurred around the world. From the mysterious disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi to the numerous bomb threats that placed 24 American schools on lockdown, it appears as though the incidents are only increasing.

On January 15, an upscale hotel and shopping complex in Nairobi, Kenya, was terrorized by a group of armed men with lethal weapons and explosives. The vicious attack lasted for several hours until rescue teams arrived at the scene and took control of the entire complex. Although more than 700 people were successfully rescued, a total of 21 people were unfortunately killed during the chaos. In addition, 30 more people had been severely injured and rushed to nearby hospitals.

Of the many victims that lost their lives, six had been the employees of a popular Nairobi company and were sent to the hotel for business purposes. As the attack was taking place, the employees helped protect people who were in serious danger. Moreover, they placed themselves in harm’s way in order to save the lives of others. Therefore, their bravery displayed true heroism that must be honored.

Meanwhile, the supposed terrorist organization that caused the attack goes by the name “Al-Shabaab.” Five suspects were recently arrested for being linked to the tragic incident. However, there is still not enough evidence to determine whether or not they are part of Al-Shabaab. There are also many speculations regarding a future attack that may potentially arise. In the meantime, police officials are doing thorough investigations to find out who is behind the attack.

Lubanah Alayoubi, Editor

Hi, my name is Lubanah Alayoubi and I am currently a junior at Hawthorne High School. I like to swim, write, draw, and listen to music. Writing, in particular,...

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Shark Tank 2019

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

• The Nairobi Terror Attack

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

The Nairobi Terror Attack