Camila Cabello Leaves Fifth Harmony

Camila Cabello Leaves Fifth Harmony

Kelly Nelson, Staff Writer

After being formed in 2012 on Season 2 of “The X Factor”, Fifth Harmony was starting to rule the music world as the most successful girl group in America. In 2015 they released their full-length album “Reflection” and their sophomore album “7/27” in 2016.

While the “/27” tour brought Fifth Harmony on their first international trek this past year, Camila  Cabello had hinted at pursuing solo material through two successful collaborations. One with Machine Gun Kelly called “Bad Things” and “I Know What You Did Last Summer” by Shawn Mendes.

On December 18 via Twitter and eventually Instagram, Fifth Harmony announced that Camila would be leaving the group. They stated saying “After 4 and a half years of being together, we have been informed via her representatives that Camila has decided to leave Fifth Harmony. We wish her well.”

But recently Camila came out saying, “I was shocked to read the statement the Fifth Harmony account posted without my knowing. The girls were aware of my feelings through the long, much needed conversations about the future that we had during tour. Saying that they were just informed through my representatives that I was ‘leaving the group’ is simply not true.”

While we don’t know exactly what went on between Camila and the girls, fans are believing that Fifth Harmony’s management had something to do with it. The hashtag #FreeFifthHarmony recently started trending on twitter and fans started to unfollow the Fifth Harmony account on Twitter and Instagram. Recently, 5H Member Ally Brooke unfollowed 5H on Instagram.

In the end, we hope that this tension between the girls will disappear at some point and we wish Camila the best of luck as she embarks on a solo career.