Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella Cast

Rodgers and Hammersteins Cinderella Cast

Caitlin Carone, Staff Writer

Exciting things have been happening in the drama department here at Hawthorne High school. Last week, auditions were held for our school’s production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. On Friday morning, students eagerly waited in the cafeteria and outside of Ms. Hackett’s room expecting to see a callback list posted. Instead, Ms. Griffin surprised us all and posted the official cast list.

Leading this production are juniors Jacquelyn Hampson and Nick Manzi playing the roles of Cinderella and Prince Christopher. Seniors Krista Kedl and Alex Di Filippo are taking on the roles of the King and Queen. Meanwhile, representing the sophomores, there are Nick Sokolofsky and Kyleigh Rica playing the roles of the Herald and the Steward. Finally, freshman Kylie Sciarra is Portia, a stepsister; and both Nick DeLuca and Brian Barbire are Cinderella’s Footmen. There are so many more members of this cast all excited to get to work and put together an amazing show.

We would also like to congratulate our crew managers, Dakota Brantner (12), McKenzie Brevet (12), Geena Occhipinti (12), Carly Weinstein (12), Maria Angeles (10), Amelia Biedrzycki (12), Kaitlyin Melendez (12), and Heather Scott (10)

The list of pit members will be announced as soon as possible and rehearsals for everyone else began on Monday, February 5.  The Clarion would like to congratulate everyone involved, both onstage and backstage. The musical is a phenomenal experience and we encourage everyone to participate! Crew applications are available in Ms. Hackett’s room and are due by Monday, February 12. Congratulations again to the cast of this year’s production of Cinderella!